Our Purpose – Evangelize, Disciple, Teach, Train, & Provide Opportunities for Children to Serve God Now
- To Evangelize children by helping church leaders with the ideas, promotional tools, and effective ways of reaching children with the gospel.
- To Disciple children includes teaching leaders what significant discipleship is, how to implement it in a practical way, and providing tools to get it done.
- To Teach children God’s Holy Word, carefully, both in lesson, memory, and in life style. Projects will motivate children to “live out” the truth that is taught. Leaders must role model their teaching and preaching.
- To Train children how to serve the Lord, based upon their characteristics and their capabilities. The goal is to do now what the child is capable of doing, and to instill into them that the opportunities abound to serve the Lord in some ministry role as a lifetime pursuit.
- To Provide Opportunities in the church for children to serve the Lord in a very meaningful way. To teach and encourage local leaders to train their children to function in some ministry. To provide multiple opportunities for those who are willing to serve.
What Makes Master Clubs Different?
Scripture Memory System
Our Scripture Memory System
sets us apart from most of the other Club programs available today. In Master Clubs, children are not taught to memorize 200 verses in 30 weeks. Instead, we have carefully selected 20 verses per year for Beginners and Primaries and 30 verses per year for Juniors. These verses are life-changing verses that we explain to the child and reinforce in the project workbooks. Our goal is for each child to understand what the Scripture means and then teach him how to live out those truths in real life.
We help children develop godly habits by providing opportunities for them to practice what they have learned during the Bible lesson or during Book Time. Each workbook has projects that the children complete which might be making cookies for a neighbor, visiting elderly in nursing homes, cleaning a neighbor’s yard, writing notes to siblings, parents, and the pastor, and many more. This helps establish early in the child’s life those habits that all Christians ought to possess.
Serving Christ Now
Children can serve God now. Although we wouldn’t teach this, children assume that they must wait until they are “older” before they can serve God. In Master Clubs a child will learn that he or she can serve God now by teaching a Bible story, preaching to a group of children, sharing the Gospel with others, and many other opportunities. Our goal is to plant seed thoughts in the mind of each child that God can use them to do great things, and it can start today!
Throughout our curriculum, children are presented with character building stories. They are taught how to work through a situation making the best choices. Honesty, integrity, loving others, kindness, and obedience are just a sampling of what these young hearts will investigate in Master Clubs.
Many have said that if they could sum up Master Clubs in one word it would be Discipleship. Many have mistakenly thought that if their children go through elementary and high school attending Sunday school and church that they will be discipled. Not so. Discipleship is something that happens “on purpose.” If there is no plan to discipleship children in your church, chances are that they are not being discipled. Discipleship goes beyond sitting in a room and hearing a lesson taught. Discipleship is one on one interaction between a child and a leader. This allows you reach into the heart of that child and help them grow from where they are now to what God wants them to be. Jesus was a master teacher and discipler, yet He choose to only closely disciple twelve. Master Clubs creates the perfect opportunity for you to begin that discipleship relationship with the children in your church and community.
Because Master Clubs is catering only to Baptist churches, we can teach kids truths that would never even be mentioned in most curricula. For instance, we can teach kids on their level about the Lords Supper, baptism, eternal security, and things to come. Our goal is not to provide curricula that every denomination can use but to provide sound Bible teaching about key doctrines in such a way that a child can comprehend them.
King James Bible
All of our curriculum and teacher training resources only use Scripture from the King James (KJV) or Authorized Version of the Bible.
Local Church Oriented
Master Clubs is entirely operated under the authority of First Baptist Church of Milford, Ohio. And our goal is to supply local Baptist churches with high-quality, engaging resources to effectively evangelize, disciple, and train children in the church and community.